4,617 pounds of pork recalled due to not being re-inspected after entering the U.S.
The United States, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) have issued a recall on approximately 4,618 pounds of raw intact pork products from an Olymel S.E.C. /L.P. an Alberta, Canada establishment.
According to the USDA, the products were not presented with the proper import re-inspection when they entered into the U.S from Canada.
The raw pork products were produced from January 22nd through February 5th were sold at retail locations and restaurants in Oregon and Washington and exported to a Department of Defense Commissary in Japan.
The following products are included in the recall:
- 50-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK BELLY SKINLESS” with the case code of 0627F, a best before the date of 02-19-2018 and Canada 270A
- 26-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK BACK RIBS” with a case code of 2952F, a best before the date of 02-21-2018 and 02-22-2018 and Canada 270A
- 74-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK LEG” with a case code of 0112F, a best before the date of 02-20-2018 and 02-21-2018 and Canada 270A
- 61-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL PORK SIRLOIN BONELESS” with a case code of 4328F, a best before the date of 02-21-2018 and Canada 270A
- 61-lb. cases containing “OLYMEL FRESH PORK BELLY SKINLESS” with a case code of 0521F, a best before the date of 01-29-2018 and 01-31-2018 and Canada 270A
- 30-lb. cases containing “WILLAMETTE VALLEY MEAT COMPANY PORK FEET WHOLE” with USDA EST. 21134 and pack date of 02/05/18
There have been no confirmed reports of illness related to the consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should consult with their doctor.
Anyone who has purchased these products is asked not to consume it. Consumers can either throw the pork out or return it to the store it was purchased.
Consumers with food safety questions can visit the FSIS virtual representative "Ask Karen" 24-hours a day at AskKaren.gov or call the USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday.