Ashland selects five city administrator finalists
ASHLAND, Ore. —
In November 2016, the City of Ashland and then-city administrator Dave Kanner parted ways.
This week, the position may finally be filled by a long-term employee. Since that November, two interim city administrators have been selected to assist with the city: former fire chief John Karns and Adam Hanks.
For the city, this will bring some consistency to its leadership.
"Hopefully some stability," Human Resources Director Tina Gray added. "The council does change out over the course of time and so that city administrator is kind of the one anchor point that keeps continuity from the changes in public and elected officials."
The five finalists were selected with the help of a recruiting agency, Mayor John Stromberg and Ashland City Council:
- Nancy Brewer, finance director for the city of Corvallis
- Kelly Madding, Deputy City Manager for Medford
- Laura Allen, town administrator for Berlin, Md.
- Adam Hanks, current interim city administrator
- Paula Brown, Ashland Public Works Director
Gray hopes the candidate who Mayor Stromberg deems the best fit will be finalized within the next few weeks.