MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Dog dies in structure fire

Courtesy: Rural Metro Fire

A dog was unable to get out of a structure fire and died Friday evening in Merlin, according to Rural Metro Fire.

Rural Metro Fire and Grants Pass Fire reported to a structure fire on the 3900 block of Highland Ave. Crews arrived on the scene to find a converted food truck with make-shift shelters fully involved. The fire was quickly contained, but unfortunately, a dog died in the flames.

One person living at the shelter tried to rescue the dog but received minor burns. That person was treated on scene by medics from American Medical Response. No other injuries were reported. Seven occupants were displaced by the fire. Rural Metro firefighters arranged for Red Cross assistance and recovery of the dog.

The cause is suspected to be from a portable gas-fueled heater inside the shelter.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending