MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Firefighters: Propane-fueled heater may have caused fire

Firefighters believe a propane-fueled heater may have caused the fire. (Rural Metro Fire-Josephine County)

Multiple fire crews responded to a fire crews respond to structure fire in Sunny Valley Monday night.

The incident happened on the 100 block of King Mountain Trail, off Placer Rd where a fully involved structure that had spread into about 1/2 an acre into surrounding grass and brush.

Due to the location, Illinois Valley Fire District and Applegate Valley Fire District assisted by sending units to help cover the south end of Grants Pass and with additional calls.

Fire crews were able to quickly contain the fire and spent most of the night mopping up.

No injuries were reported.

Firefighters believe the cause of the fire may have been associated with a propane-fueled heater that had malfunctioned.

No other information is available at this time.



Trending