Inappropriate iPad access still a concern in Eagle Point, despite new system launch
EAGLE POINT, Ore.-- Eagle Point parents are still concerned about access to inappropriate content on their students' school-issued iPads.
News10 first brought you this story last month.
The school board had the opportunity to choose whether to further restrict the Internet to students, or keep it the way it is.
At that time, the school restricted about 40 percent of the Internet. They did not come to a decision then, and wanted to wait until they got their new firewall system. That system is now in place, but parents are still not happy.
"I'm very sorry to say I don't trust in what you guys have done and what you are saying you are going to do," parent Emily McIntire said. She has been fighting for more restrictions since October. She said the school district has not done anything until Wednesday morning, when the new system launched.
Parents said they are going to continue to fight for more restrictions.
The school district said because this is a new program, it is going to take some time to figure out. The Human Resources Director Allen Barber said by August, they should better understand the program, and what it can do for the district.