Mailbox bank broken into overnight
MEDFORD, Ore. —
Late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, a group of mailboxes along W. Glenwood Rd. in Medford were broken into, despite being locked.
Residents say there had never been a break-in before but said a drunk driver had run one over last year that had to be replaced.
Some neighbors are not entirely sure what all was stolen.
Jackson County Sheriff's Office is investigating the crime and passing on their investigation to the U.S. Postal Service investigators.
If you have any information about the theft or surveillance footage, contact JCSO at 541-774-6800.
The sheriff's office offers the following suggestions for concern citizens:
- If you were expecting a particular piece of mail and you believe it is missing, contact your local post office directly.
- If you believe you may be a victim of stolen credit cards, checks, or other financial information, contact the appropriate financial institution immediately to stop payment on checks and issue a fraud alert.
- If you need to send a payment or documents that contain identifying information, such as your Social Security number, take your outgoing mail to a post office or hand it to your mail carrier; do not leave mail in your mailbox with the flag up.
- If you find discarded mail that you believe to be stolen, take it to your local post office.
- Check your mail daily; do not leave it in the box overnight.
- If you will be out of town, notify your local post office to hold your mail until you