Deadline to file claim against troubled Eternal Hills approaches
SALEM, Ore. —
The State of Oregon is urging anyone who believes that they did not receive the services they paid for from Eternal Hills Memorial Gardens and Funeral Home, Inc., to file a claim with the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Oregon.
The action is the first taken by the state to resolve the ongoing business issues with the cemetery and funeral home.
Claims submitted may include:
- Endowment care charges
- Charges for outer burial containers and markers that were never delivered or installed
- Insurance policies paid for but never delivered
- Finance charges on contracts that were paid over time
- Having to use another cemetery due to legal issues
- Plots sold without assigning a plot number or deed
- Undelivered prepaid merchandise like urns
- Charging for veterans markers that are offered free by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Anyone needing to file a claim should visit www.orb.com/uscourts.gov. select proof of claim, and use case number #17-62784-tmr7 before March 5th. For questions about submitting a claim can call 971-673-1505.