Dog knocks over propane heater, RV catches on fire

Courtesy: RMF

Rural Metro Firefighters responded to a fully involved RV fire in Hugo Saturday morning.

Firefighters say the fire was quickly knocked down which prevented any spread to nearby structures.

One person was occupying the RV and escaped uninjured.

The investigation reveals that the fire was caused by a dog who knocked over a portable propane-fueled heater that was being used inside of the trailer.

Firefighters say off-gassing may have accelerated the fire.

RMF urges that households use electric heaters with a tip-over safety switch and to avoid using the heater near ignitable items.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending